• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Fuels Are Being Used in Multi- Fuel Engines?

CanonNinja

well, i had to try the multi-fuel part today, ran below the pickup in the tank and died in the middle of the highway... sure as hell works on gasoline too, dumped a gallon of 93 in and fired it right up to move off the highway. Didnt sputter or complain much for the 90 seconds it was running. I love this truck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just made a 400 or so mile round trip in the M52 tractor with the multi-fuel engine.
I ran a homemade mixture of used motor oil/gasoline most of the way.
I was carrying reserve fuel in a 55 gal drum lashed to the catwalk of the tractor.
When I got low (I could not draw fuel from the right tank) I would siphon (BLEAH) the mixture into the tank till I had it half full...then I added 87 octane till it was full.
I did this twice and the last fill up was straight diesel.
She ran like a champ but it seemed like it did better on the diesel.
I have sucked old fuel out of trucks, mixed it with reg gas and it burned fine.
I have also ran half used motor oil and half laquer thinner....it ran like a molested monkey but cleaned out the fuel system. I had to change all the filters...I also discovered the ability of laquer thinner to desolve certain rubber components.
If it has heat the multi will burn it.

aboonski

#2 Fuel Oil

Had to search for the thread but finally found it regarding alternate fuels. My question is - #2 Fuel oil? I was just given about 80 gallons of the stuff and it looks very close to what diesel looks like but red in color- even smells a bit like diesel. As I got towards the bottom of the 110 gallon tank the fuel oil got darker in color. One of my neighbors had experience with #2 fuel oil in the Army and said they used it but had to add motor oil to the #2. Is this still the case or can it just be added to the fuel tank without any consequences? I have only used straight diesel in my truck since the day I bought it so I don't want to harm the injector pump or anything else for that matter.

JR

RE: #2 Fuel Oil

I went to richmond a few weeks ago, 150mi each way. On the way up I was running 75% wmo 25% kero and I burned over half a tank. Added 15 gal of diesel and 15 gal of 87 gas in richmond and I used less than half a tank with 1500lbs in the back. This would lead me to believe wmo + kero gives worse mileage.

What fuels give the best and worst mpg?

FormerNewMVGuy

I have been running 90% waste ATF, with 10% offroad diesel, I have logged about 700 miles on this mixture and the truck runs great and my milage stays at around 11 mpg

aboonski

I may have asnwered my own question after looking over a list of fuels from the 10. At the bottom is shows "Burner Fuel Oil, VV-F-815, grade FO-1 0 degrees F (-18 degrees C)" and also shows FO-2 directly under that which I assume is #2 Fuel Oil. If I am wrong, someone let me know! I am not familiar with all of the technical specifications like VV-F-815, etc. which sounds like the government's way of making everything sound complicated when it really is not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks