• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Shocks Are you Running on your 1009?

ssdvc

I am looking at new shocks for my 09. The ride seems a bit 'plush" and I think it is time for replacement. I have seen the shocks at LMC for $19 each, but I am suspect. Napa quoted me $55 each for Monroe Sense-a-tracks.

What would be a decent shock for her (daily driver, not off-road bomber) at a reasonable cost? OEM seems fine (where to find), but suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks.

Barrman

I just last week put Sense a Track coil overs on all 4 corners of my 1009. The rear no longer sags, the front no longer dives after every bump and whenever the brakes are applied. Cornering is a lot more secure feeling. Putting a trailer on doesn't make the thing drive like a giant marshmallow anymore either.

The ride is a little bit stiffer, but I like that since I come from driving the M715/M35 class of vehicle for the past decade.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just put Monroe Gas Magnums on the front and coil overs on the rear.

WOW, what a huge improvement. Ride comfort, handling, and braking were all improved.

Total cost was about $220. Installation is a breeze. I think I'm going to do my other 09 the same way.

Wolf.Dose

I used RS 5000 for 14 years, no problems, nice riding, however with highter TP like 350 kPa instead of 290 kPA as given in the label on the door. Highter TP lowers tire wear (60000+ miles on a set of tires is not to bad) certain level and reduces fuel consumption a little.
Wolf

japickar

My lift came with superlift super-ride shocks. I expected them to be kind of stiff but the truck actually rides pretty good. If I had the extra cash I would get a set of bilstein 5100's like I have on my DD.

jdeoliveira74

I just last week put Sense a Track coil overs on all 4 corners of my 1009. The rear no longer sags, the front no longer dives after every bump and whenever the brakes are applied. Cornering is a lot more secure feeling. Putting a trailer on doesn't make the thing drive like a giant marshmallow anymore either.

The ride is a little bit stiffer, but I like that since I come from driving the M715/M35 class of vehicle for the past decade.
hey where did you buy them. I am looking for some for my m1009 and I also tow alot.
thanks
Jon

jdeoliveira74

I just did mine wow stiffer is a understatement. Its real stiff hopeing it relaxes a bit in the next couple of days.

crazydrz

Gas grande / magnum shocks are what we use on our school buses, and have always been happy with them. I had sensa tracs on a 150 van and replaced them with magnums, way better.