• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what should i know about the cucv when purchasing

leprochaunking12

hello im still new to the cucv and was wondering if you guys/girls could help me out in sorting out what i would need to look for or know when i make my first cucv purchase. i would most likely be driving it home to New York from where ever i could get one for cheap.

thanks
rob

3dubs

Buying from an individual or GL? I would look through the threads and read. It depends on what you plan on using it for what CUCV you want. That is a simple question with a long answer. But good luck.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not buy any CUCV without looking at it unless it came from a trusted indiviidual. CUCVs are great but can have many many issues with the electrical system and rust.

Chuck

leprochaunking12

its from an individual and its the 1984 m1009 with a 6.2L diesel engine. im not going to buy from GL because im not overly mechanical savvy and i need something that i can use as a mudder and a daily driver. something that i can put through hell and back and still be ok.

tsmall07

If you're not mechanically inclined then you can't take anything to he'll and back in the mud. Especally not a truck with 10 bolt/12 bolt axles and 3.05 gear ratio.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks