• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What temp should she be runing.

GWP112

I have a M998 that keeps kicking the cooling fans or something when temp reaches about 205-210 cools off quickly to about 195 - 200 and the fan noise quits. Driving about 55 mph on hwy and does it every 2 to 3 miles Fluids are ok and no smell of overheating. What do you think it might be ?

sandcobra164

NORMAL :driver: I drive them all the time and they do this new from the factory when running down the road at those speeds. If it bothers your, you can disconnect the 4 wire connector by the windshield wiper reservoir and your fan clutch will be engaged all the time and the loud roaring from the fan will be constant. Alot of the problem is how far the radiator is laid back. The air is not very inclined to go through the fins since they are perpendicular to the radiator but as mounted, at about a 45 degree angle to the airflow. It needs the fan to run to draw the air across it.

Augi

Take a look for bent fins on the oil cooler or radiator. When I got my truck it did this when I drove 50mph. The oil cooler looked like someone had sat on it when working on the truck because 50% of the fins were bent over blocking the air flow. I spent four hours with a flat head screw driver straightening them all and now the fan never comes on. Temps run from 160 to 190 depending on the weather.

Augi

GWP112

Thanks to all. I'll check the fins and if that all it must be a come out noise....Drive it till it comes out. lol ill keep an eye on it. Once again Thanks[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks