• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What tool fits this???

Tackettr

Both of my M35A2Cs have a slight leak from this bolt. What is it for and more importantly what tool can I use to tighten it? A socket will not go on it because the socket walls are too thick. Injector lines are also in the way. Is there a special tool or trick? Thanks.

PS: Sorry about jacking someones picture, I've been meaning to ask this for sometime and keep forgeting to take a picture. :D

Attachments

bottleworks

Tackettr said:
What is it for and more importantly what tool can I use to tighten it?
That is the oil filter bypass valve. Opens @ 15 PSI differential between pre-filter pressure and post filter pressure.

Tackettr

Bypass valve huh? Excellent! I learn something new everyday. :D I know exactly what you are talking about, we had the same type system on our helicopters.

Crows foot? So it will work on it? I don't have one but will buy one if it works. I was able to stick an open end wrench perpendicular on it engaging 2 sides and then using a cresent wrench on the handle move it a little. However I was afraid to put too much on it and mess it up. Thanks for the help!!! :D :D

Kevin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks