• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what's it worth? In cab trans hoist

amgeneral72

Found a used in cab transmission hoist. Can anyone tell me what they usually go for? Wondering if I should buy it? No legs but it looks like it just uses pieces of pipe.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wouldn't sell mine for less than 500!

You need to make some custom fixtures for it to really work great, but once thats done they rock.

amgeneral72

This fellow wants $99 but its probably one of those things if you really needed one it would be worth $500. Just came across it and wondered if I should grab it.

Thanks

amgeneral72

I know
Ill just go ahead and spend the money and that will ensure Ill never need it.
If I don't buy it Ill need it next week.
Thats how it usually goes.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I lucked out on ebay once and got mine for $50 plus $25 shipping from of all places the university in Athens, GA. It came from their farm. It was brand new.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought mine on ebay about 10 years ago for $75. I used it once and promptly sold it. In theory it was perfect for the job but in reality I find the beam across the cab or the engine hoist through the door much faster.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Paid $150 for an NOS one a few years ago.

Works good in a rough environment where you can't use an engine hoist.

Can be difficult to get in place - there were no air shift switches when they designed it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto

Did you get that Geiger Counter I sent last week?
Yes I did, thank you much.

I already gave it to Dave for his Atomic Energy Commission Dodge A 100 pickup project and he flipped out. He really appreciated it as well.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
gimpy might like it but like recovry I wasn't impressed with the darn thing not fitting correctly when we put my truck back together. A 4x4 beam through the window and a hoist would have been out of the way. IMHO

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
gimpy might like it but like recovry I wasn't impressed with the darn thing not fitting correctly when we put my truck back together. A 4x4 beam through the window and a hoist would have been out of the way. IMHO
I have since figured out what we did wrong!

First, we didn't have the trans shifted correctly to suck in the sprague lever, second, its so much easier if you just put the trans in with the top removed!

TaylorTradingCo

Gimpy,
I still have two legs for yours, one you left as a pattern and the one I had made up. I will TRY to remember to bring them to the rally for you next month, assuming of course you are coming???
Derek

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you bring them down and he doesn't make it you can always give them to me or JW4x4.