• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

whats the best way to remove a deuce cab ?

ODdave

i am going Fri to save as much as i can from a coulpe of m35's going to the scrap. They are both hard tops and i am going to get both bodies. What are the best places to lift from??? I am thinking i should romove the front clips to make it easier. Any advice?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you're sending the frames and rest of the truck to the scrapper, I'd use the "blue wrench" to speed things along. I'd certainly remove the front clip if you're doing this without heavy machinery. I'd make use out of some 4x4 lumber, chains, and hi-lift jacks. One time I didn't have the luxury of a engine hoist as a poor high school teen. So me and a buddy removed the front clip from a truck and stacked empty heavy cardboard boxes all around and basically heaved the engine into the pile. You might be able to use that concept as well.

In any case, it's not going to be fun. :(

ranchhopper

Take the hard tops off hook a chain to the cab support behind the door on each side and wrap a chain to the windshield turnbuckles on each side thats the four points I use to lift the cabs off the frames.

colelkhunter

Dave. try taking the front clip off, then go around it with two 2" heavy ratchet straps (over the top of the cab and underneath) then pick it up with the straps. How are you lifting it off? Gin Boom? Crane? I know you have some toys to play with.

ODdave

sorry i forgot to say there will be a loader availible to help, I just didnt know where a strong safe place to hook to would be. I wish they where closer by (3 hours away) so i am trying to have a game plan before i aproach this. I think i am going to try ranch choppers technique. Thanks for the help guys!

Hey colelkhunter, how are things down there? got to cold up here to do anything with the box so i gotta wait till spring:sad:

Barrman

If you have a loader, you will be done in a few minutes. Use the hand grabs on the back corners, the cross member under the transmission tunnel, the door hinge mounts or the hinges themselves, the windshield mounts, the little legs going down from the bottom of the cab that the front fenders mount to or anything else in the firewall that looks solid to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks