• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can I get a RADIATOR REPLACEMENT???

sht2kll

I just had my radiator recored. as long as the tanks are in good shape, it is rebuildable. more then I can say for the plastic tanked aluminium junk. I have never had good luck with the plastic tanks lasting more then about 4 years. My radiator is now a 5 row. it cost a pretty penny ($500) but it will last for a long time as long as i Take good care of the cooling system. I did have good luck with a Griffin radiator that I put in my 80' vette. It took a lot to keep that 427 cool.

Whitfield

No, the 1010 uses the same radiator as all the other CUCVs, all of the pickups and Blazers use the same radiator.

BTW, you did notice that this thread is 2 years old right?

Later,
Joe
2-yrs old but still great info for those in need.

FYI ~ I pulled a civilian diesel suburban radiator and found the trans cooler on the wrong side.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I've got my reciet somewhere, but it was less than than 400 bucks. I'll try and find it to be for sure. We had almost givin up because we had ordered 2 radiators prior to this one and they were both 3 rows and were sent back. This one has four rows and is the same as the original. I couldn't find not one difference in them. It works perfect for me.
Not sure if this is correct information. The specs show this is a 3 row not a 4 row.

Core Height:19 1/4 in
Core Thickness:2 in
Core Width:34 in
Fan Included:No
Inlet Location:Top Left
Inlet Size(s):1 3/4 in
Outlet Location:Bottom Right
Outlet Size(s):1 3/4 in
Row Quantity:3
Transmission Cooler:Yes
Tube Size:2

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can buy new correct radiators at most parts stores.

cucvrus

We have been over this subject time and time again. My opinion only. And only my opinion. The best bang for the buck on radiators for your CUCV. Autozone Spectra B850 $325. copper and brass and warranted for life. It does'nt get any better then that. Just check the radiator before you leave the store. It may take a time or 2 to get one that is not dented. But they really do warrant them for life. I had 1 in a truck for 10 years and it developed a leak at the tank seam. No problem they replaced it and gave me a 10% discount for my troubles. Just an idea for you.

rsh4364

And if you order online you can choose either 20% off or get 25$ gift card per 100$ spent. I just ordered one Tues. and got 75$ gift card.Autozone B850.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Thats a good deal also. But if you do have an issue. You would have to ship the radiator back to them and wait. The Autozone way is walk in walk out with it. They pay the freight both ways coming and in the event of a problem going and coming again. That is a hard warranty to beat since almost every town in the US has an Autozone. Again an opinion thing.

cucvrus

I knew that. I was just rattling your chain to see if your were awake. He make sure you check out the small rubber mounts that are under the radiator. And while you have the radiator out clean up that support under there and put some good rust inhibiter down. I know its cold out but keep the paint in the warm house spray it on and install your radiator. It will dry. The rubber mounts are available yet. Let me know if you can't find them I know I have some information on where to get them. Brothers comes to mind.

rsh4364

I knew that. I was just rattling your chain to see if your were awake. He make sure you check out the small rubber mounts that are under the radiator. And while you have the radiator out clean up that support under there and put some good rust inhibiter down. I know its cold out but keep the paint in the warm house spray it on and install your radiator. It will dry. The rubber mounts are available yet. Let me know if you can't find them I know I have some information on where to get them. Brothers comes to mind.
Thanks good call on the rubbers and paint,hope it gets here this weekend while its 45-50 out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks