• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which tm has instructions for proper operation of vernier throttle control?

MiseryMachinery

I'm having trouble locating operating instructions for the vernier throttle in my m-944a1. If anybody can point me at the correct manual it would help me out. Thanks. **** thing is tricky.

MiseryMachinery

I know this is probably in a tm somewhere, but I'm having problems with getting my Pto driven generator to operate correctly. The thing is setup to run at 1150 rpm in 5th gear for generator operation. It has an over frequency relay connected to the fuel pump shut off that kills it when the generator gets above 60hz. Trying to get this thing to operate the generator so far has led me to disconnect this so I can run it up above the proper rpm to get the transmission to shift into 5th gear. After doing this it will operate properly , but I would like to operate it without bypassing safety features. If anyone can point me to the proper tm for this or just tell me how to do it , it would be greatly appreciated.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hand throttle on our trucks pretty much all operate all the same way, after you start the engine (cold) pull out the throttle to maintain your RPM at say 800 RPM, keeping any eye on things because as the engine gets warmer it starts to run more efficiently and your RPMs will keep going UP, actually this will happen fairly fast if your not paying attention. After the engine comes up to operating temp I then just pull the hand throttle out to my desired RPM, say on my M-920 and I want to run the rear winch, after engaging the PTO I use the hand throttle to bring the RPM up to 1200 RPM and then take care of any winching I need to do, these trucks after up to operating temp will hold RPMs very good. I am not an expert on your situation at all but it sounds a little like you have something else going on? I am sorry I cannot be of more help to you?
Karl

MiseryMachinery

My truck has the hand throttle plus a throttle stop. So you pull the hand throttle all the way out and then adjust the stop to get the correct rpm. The stop is what I'm having problems with. The stop has to be disengaged while driving, it really messes me up when I get a block away from my house and go to pull out on a busy street and the truck won't go over 1300rpm, so you have to engage it while operating the generator. I'm having trouble locating the propoper manual for operation of this feature. I've looked through old threads and found some things , but it seems like other people had an issue with this model. I'm gonna keep digging because this thing is pretty awesome to play with. Thanks for the tip on letting it warm up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks