• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wife complained deuce is to loud

6x6guy

Sound like your wife is a keeper, mine wouldn't even climb in it to check out the seats, she said something about the smell, well I guess I'm just kinda used to it. :roll:

Rattlehead

She shoots a 50, and actually can/will drive the deuce, sounds like a keeper to me.

Question; do you drive with the windows down? That makes a HUGE difference in exhaust noise. There is a trick that works fantastic for keeping the heat down when driving, that is to close your vents, side windows, and rear window, then just barely open the front windshields. Works best when you keep moving vs stop and go, but the air keeps the cab pressurized and minimizes the heat from coming up through the floor. Yet the windshields aren't open so far as to make you need goggles.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So after installing carpet (yes carpet) it made to deuce a whole lot easier on the ears. Fit it up behind the fire wall to rear of cab just cut slits for shifters. It did make a big difference, Alot less heat coming up from underneath also. and it's very easy to remove.
Sounds O.K., but keep an eye on things. My experience with carpet in some applications is that it can hold water/moisture and invite/accelerate rust.

Also, it is really a plastic and can/will melt and/or burn.

Just be mindful and cautious when installing.

Otherwise, if it works out for you the way you want it..., great fix!

Pawnshop

My M109A3 is a non turbo and has a muffler, but it is still sort of noisy, but not anywhere near the sound of the M35A2, the turbo in that one is LOUD! If your wife won't do ear covers how about ear plugs? Carpet won't stop the exhaust noise but keeps it from reverberating in the cab so it sounds quieter but she is still doing damage to her ears. Muffler on the stack...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks