• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Window Gasket

TheAxeman

The previous owner had stripped off all the window gaskets when he did a repaint on the truck and I want to replace them. Does anyone have any pictures of their side window and windshield gasketing that they could share with me? Also, what would be the best place to locate the gasketing that I need? Is there a universal style gasket that I could use? I did a search but couldn't find anything specific to our vehicle so I apologize for the newbie questions.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you talking about the gasket materieal between the glass and the frame of the window or are you talking about weather stripping around the outside od the window frame?
KK

TheAxeman

Right, I should have clarified that. I was actually talking about the weatherstripping that the door windows ride against as they are raised or lowered. Also, the weatherstripping around the windshield glass to keep the weather out. Right now there is a 3/4" gap around the windshield glass.

nattieleather

For the windshield you can use the same gasket that is used on the M35 duce windows. Both windshields are the same. As for the door tracks...AB Line. Midwest Military or Vintage Power wagons would be your best bet. I myself will look at my local autoglass shop to see if they have anything like it that will work for cheep.

majorhitt

Like the other said Vintage power wagons has them co does Midwest military I took a quick look to see if I had extra, no good. Even look at E-bay Just make sure you're looking at the correct item when bidding.

TheAxeman

I just ordered the weatherstripping and some other odds and ends and do dads from Adirondack but they were fresh out of the door window tracks (?) that keep the window in line when it is being rolled up. Since it is my first time ordering from them it will be good to see what their customer service/delivery time is like.

Something tells me that this is going to be another expensive hobby.....Shhhhhh, don't tell Michelle!

OldDominionIron2

How about posting some pics of the weather stripping install? I'm in the middle of a windshield overhaul, and have to replace one of the window's weatherstripping, and was wondering if the rubber slides in/around the window or needs to be pushed into the groove around the frame.

thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks