• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Windshield "glazed" from sand or mud

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a M1009 that has a "glazed" windshield where someone had the wipers going during a sandstorm or mud slinging event. Can this be fixed, buffed out or do I need a new windshield?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's not too bad, there are many types of glass polishing compound out there that you could use with a buffing wheel, but you have to be REAL careful to prevent over-buffing and damaging the glass. Might help to get a pro to do it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cost of having a pro do it may be close to what a new windshield will cost.

I have seen the windshields for ~$100.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last one I bought, was $63 buck, delivered. I asked for a blem. It has an antenna lamented in it, and it has a slight droop.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An auto glass business in Syracuse.
Diamond Auto Glass.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bit far for me, but gave me good ideas. A windshield is about $100, installed a little over $200. Thanks, I thought it would be more than that. I'm gonna try polishing first than move on. I replaced a Fiero windshield myself once, don't really want to tackle another.