• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiper Air Line Question

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My new deuce came with wipers but the airlines were not connected past the metal tube routed from the dash. The wipers were very stiff and the red buttons were stuck with paint residue. I got the wipers working and started to run the airlines per the attached diagram from the TM.

The diagram show the lines routing but does not mention the tube coming out of the wipers as indicated by my question mark. Only my driver side wiper has this tube. It would seem that you would use this to feed the second wiper or cap it off is you route via the diagram. Any suggestions as to what I do with this outlet?

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah! I noticed that the wiper still works when I leave it open but why doesn't the other wiper have one? Also, it seems like a entry point for moisture. :confused:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not believe it is broken off. It is a plastic wiper motor and no air comes out the hole like it does on the u-shaped tube on the other wiper when it is operating.

Kohburn

believe it is just a vent redirect so that it doesn't vent into your face

Last edited:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mystery solved. There was a glob of paint in the wiper without the redirect tube. I picked it out and it vents from the hole. Fortunately it will be on the passengers side. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks