• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wire gauge

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up some slave ends for a jumper set , and what I am trying to find out is what gauge wire is used on the jumpers sets . I would like to use Welding cable if possible as it is more flexible . it seems either # 1 or 2 , or maybe 0 . Also what is the typical length of a set , as the sets I have seen appear at least 15-20' long . I think my WALLET is going to take a BIG hit on this , LOL .:tank: bob k

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most I have seen are 20' and 00 on the cable. Waiting on the cable Gods to drop off 40' at my AO.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The think the slave cables are 2/0, but I think for our use on trucks that 1/0 should be fine.

swede69

where did you get your slave ends an what is the damage on them? the guy i deal with said he can make some 20footers for $100. did not know if that was a good deal or not. thanks jon

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you one and all for the info , ya , I was thinking 20-25 feet would be good . As for the wire , I will check DEl CITY , TSC and McMaster-Carr , see who has the best deal . Del City has welding wire in 25 foot rolls , which would be perfect . I already have some lugs and my lug tool , so hopefully this will work without setting fire to my MV ! LOL