• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won a M1009 today!

91W350

The EUC cleared today and I have a paid in full invoice. We are going to make a run for the Blazer next Wednesday. Anybody from Kansas have anything they need picked up from Jeff City, or hauled from Ft. Riley to Jeff City or point along the Interstate in between? I am anxious to hear it run! Glen

zyrtecx

Glen, good to hear that you EUC cleared!:-D
If you need any parts I have a 1985 M1009 I got in Richmond, Va and I have it home, EUC cleared in 5 days and now I have won another M1009 for parts in Montgomery, Al. maybe it will clear in 5 days, Sp, if you need any parts let me know...
Toby

Scarecrow1

Congrads on your win Just think when the paper work clears It will be a new year .Now which year I'm not sure of ,,,,,,,,,,, Just kidding enjoy your truck ....

91W350

I called the GL rep, Mike Snell, today in order to try to work out a good pick up time. He said he had been starting it, but the batteries went down and would not crank it last time. I am hoping it does not have glow plug issues as it is supposed to be cold next week. Guess having a spare set would not hurt me too bad.....

My brother and I plan to make it a one day trip, 338 miles one way. If we leave early, around 0400, we should be back before the sun sets. I am going to take the batteries out of my M-1008, just in case the ones in the M-1009 will still take a charge and carry the truck in regular use. Glen

zyrtecx

Good Luck on the recovery Glen! Mike at Jefferson City was really helpful when I recovered my M1009... So, you have 2 M1009's now... I thought that I read one of your posts that you had purchased a m1009?
Toby