• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker light bar- odd connections?

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I got my NOS wrecker light cable in the other day, and it is beautiful!
So tonight, I pulled out my wrecker light bar and tried to hook it up.

Hmmm, seems I have a problem. Not only are the pins not lined up the same, the connection on the bar has 3 round tabs to catch, while the cable has a threaded connection.

Guess I'm going to have to find another cable, or find another light bar/light bar wiring harness with the right plug. I didn't realize there were two types or I would have checked prior to purchasing the cable.

Anyone else run into this issue?wrecker light plug1.jpgwreckerplug.jpg

tcody

If you can't return it replace the plug. The correct one is a LADD HD56-18-8 I think they will loan/rent the crimping tool to you. Good luck.

tcody

Did a little more digging on your cable. I believe it is NSN 6150-01-210-3671, which is listed as a subcomponent of the Howitzer. So I think that is the light cable for towing a howitzer, which would explain the difference in pins on the one end. Hope that clears things up a bit.
tcody

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks