• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

You like 108's??? READ THIS

scooter01922

First let me say how much i hate you guys...:razz: This place it the opposite of AA, here the mantra is "come on , one more won't kill ya" Now to the real story....After all the cries of SAVE IT SAVE IT i had to act, not to mention it is way too cool to begin with. So here for your viewing pleasure is what should be the latest addition to the stable. I still need to go physically see it and pay the man but i'm considering it mine all mine :) It is coming from a SS member who seems like a real nice guy so i think all will work out wonderfully. Needs a few things such as a front axle, springs and spring hangers and a set of front fenders to be able to tow it home. Otherwise it it supposed to run and lift just fine with a couple leaks here and there that you would expect. I know there are a few other things that need some attention to make it safe for the road but nothing major. If anyone has some parts let me know. Most likely won't be coming home till spring so i have some time to collect what i need to get her rolling again.

This site is the breeding ground of OD fever i tell ya....

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding!

The mark of a true enthusiast! Total lack of common sense! rofl

I think that truck isn't that bad. If I were you, I would a buy a parts deuce from GL to get the front axle, cab parts, an air shift (if you wanna upgrade-I would) and all the various spare parts.

scooter01922

As far as the parts search goes it couldn't be better. Just got a call from a fellow SS-er about a complete but rusty 108 in a junkyard to my south an hour or so:) Looks too far gone to save but good enough for lots of parts. If anyone wants a 108 bed now is the time to PM me and i'll ask them while we are talikng parts. He is gonna get me some prices. Things are coming together.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hook me up! Need 2 of the outriggers. And the pulley block for the crane. Will trade parts, I have a lot of the parts you'r looking for.

Dennis

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I Plan to go to Haspin in June. If I can help somehow, I'm in the middle (sortof). Maybe you'd better just go too, Scooter!:wink:

Nice score Scooter, you still looking for a co-ownwer? I have a sweet Multi-Fuel and other parts here!:p

Last edited:

scooter01922

Ok, well stretch I can see about those parts for you, waiting on my contact to let me know on prices for the other stuff so i may or may not need any of the things i mentioned. Still would hook you up anyway tho if i can.:-D

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just let me know Scooter. I'm pretty lucky in the M108 parts, I think those are the only things I'm missing.

scooter01922

Does it happen to say city of boston dept of civil defense on the door??? I know someone on here that spotted one today in a salvage yard somewhere near boston, can't remember quite where. But the one he spotted was said to be rather rusty( like the pic you posted) and in fact a 108. Have any shots of the boom, that makes the ID easy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd bet that it's an M108. The bed side confuses me a bit but it could be just mods. Spots are M108 or M60.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good job Scooter!! That truck doesnt look too bad..the obvious missing parts are easily found and that truck is well worth some extra effort.
You should see some of the stuff we have brought back to life...well sorta...

alphadeltaromeo

Outstanding!

The mark of a true enthusiast! Total lack of common sense! rofl

I think that truck isn't that bad. If I were you, I would a buy a parts deuce from GL to get the front axle, cab parts, an air shift (if you wanna upgrade-I would) and all the various spare parts.
i don't think there is such a thing as common sense any more. I think the correct terminology is "uncommon sense"....that's my 2 cents :twisted:

But ya, I agree hehe. Good deal scoot!