• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

You like 108's??? READ THIS

bede63

Saquish Mike, Where is that 108 near Boston that you posted a picture of? That is not the one I spotted at Middleboro Auto Salvage that I told Scooter about yesterday. That truck you posted looks like it could be a parts source (or maybe even, GASP, ANOTHER RESTORATION PROJECT!!!) I need to have my head examined!!

How many is too many deuces?? Does anyone have a handle on that number?

Regards
Charles Schneider

saquishmike

That truck is located on a rail siding in South Boston near the convention center. It is painted orange because it is an old M.D.C truck. It was last used during the Big Dig to winch pipe for the tunnel. It has a gas engine in it ( ran when parked) It took a while to track down the owner and all I wanted off it was the plow frame. He is willing to sell it but only whole. I had more pics but can not find them it is rusty but its all there. I think its an m62? with an austin western boom but could be wrong I will look for the owners #

scooter01922

Hell yeah man, find that number. Bede63 needs a deuce wrecker too :) If it isn't the 108 then it would be the even cooler M60. From what i can find its pretty much a 108 but with a rear drag winch. As a side note, do you have any more pics of your truck with the plow on it?? From your avitar it looks like a pretty sweet setup.

saquishmike

It is a 1953 M-62 made by International Harverster the stock # is G2744-6800059 and the serial # is 2523 it has a delivery date of 6-3-53 . I left a note for the owner to call me as I lost his #

bede63

Hey Saquish, please PM me and Scooter when you obtain the owner's contact info. I work in downtown Boston so maybe I'll walk over and have a look. Thanks for posting the info on this truck.
Charles Schneider

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks