• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABN173 coming to Tampa Bay

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
So ABN....you're saying that this is a normal military move so far???:shock:

Hurry up and wait...be there at 04:00hrs for a 09:00hrs move...and don't be late!!!
Oops!!! Sombody didn't coordinate transpo....guess we walk....againaua

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jack, bring a means to tote your tire, I'll have it! Anybody else need anything? Phil, check with Rick, see what I promised him. Matter of fact, bring him along too!

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, Wednesday night for sure unless these rains continue like they are right now. Then there will be no Jimbos to go to, lol.

That was a nasty one, wasn't it? :D The lightning was really bad this time around. I have my computer stuff plugged in to a UPS and a couple of surge suppressors. After I heard one of then make a pop noise I unplugged everything, even the TV and cable box. I just now plugged everything back in.

PCTrans, it is open to any SS member that wants to make the drive to Tampa. So feel free to come on out.

Ruppster

Last edited:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, you DO know there won't be any off-roading (hee-hee). BTW, did you ever lay your hands on any more of those cable sets? Anyway, any accessories you need me to bring?

Last edited:

JamesM

I will be there. Putting the tranny back in my truck today so I should have no hang-ups.

...Then it's back to S. Fl. for me...

Look forward to seing you guys out there.

...and Jack, you can throw your tire (I don't really know what he's talking about cause I only perused the page. lol) in the bed of my truck...if we can get it in there....Idk what kind of tire you are trying to buy. lol

On another note, if anyone needs 4 tires for anything other than permanent use (not a high percentage of tread left), I have them taking up space in my garage. They are free to a good home. I can get anyone interested some pics...just seems like a good opportunity to get rid of them.

---James

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pete, Wayne Harris had a bunch the last time I was there. I don't recall what he charged me for that one. I can probably grab some on the way back from the GA Rally unless you find your way to Baxley GA. Wayne goes by Papercu on SS. I plan on stopping on the way back from the rally, I have some other stuff to pick up. Can't think of anything I need except the seat riser out of your "Show"truck. LOL
Phil, if you can, call Rick and see what I promised him. I know the guides for the winch but can't remember what else.

phil2968

Kenny, Rick said the winch guides and drivers side mirror support braces, the ones that go to the hood. He had the old style mirrors and some one tried to convert them but did not have all the right parts. He said he could use that seafoam green paint (if you still have it) for the inside of his comm shelter he picked up the other day.

ABN173

So ABN....you're saying that this is a normal military move so far???:shock:

Hurry up and wait...be there at 04:00hrs for a 09:00hrs move...and don't be late!!!
Oops!!! Somebody didn't coordinate transpo....guess we walk....againaua
Yep PB! We made it to the hotel around 0200hrs and could not get to sleep until about 0445 and woke up at 0600.......so yeah its been a long day today. I know exactly where Jimbo's on Kennedy is, we past it twice. Well I'm still SOL on a hotel so we gotta go hotel hopping tomorrow too.

-Dale

ABN173

I still think it would be cool to pull up in front of the Waterside Marriott in a MV to pick us up. I bet the Valet parking guys would freak out:razz: There is an evening event planned for us Wednesday night but I think we are just going to miss it or be late.

-Dale

*edit: I really love the $15 I had to spent for internet access too.

Last edited: