• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Been turning some wrenches

Bowtie70SS

I brought my M109A home last Friday(12th). On Saturday morning I left the house at 0530 and headed out to C&C equipment in Indiana. I bought a M35A3 bed from Clint as well as a turbo setup, filters, bulbs, air horn, and a seat cover. My friends came over and we unbolted the box and then my buddy with a service truck came and we swapped beds. I got the turbo setup mostly done Sunday but realized he forgot the air intake tube so he sent me one out and I got it today. I fixed a broken wire to the alternator which still isnt charging, installed the air horn and finished the turbo install as well as seat cover. I drove the truck and big time difference. It will get out of it's own way now. The next step is to turn the fuel up a little. It does not black smoke at all right now. I want to be conservative so I will take baby steps.

The pic is after the bed but before the turbo install was finished.
deucepic.jpg

Bowtie70SS

Yeah I don't know which one to get. I would love to find something that looks stock. Those gauges remind me of old Stewart-Warner ones. Every time I try and look stuff up on here I get 100 threads. I think every thread on here has the words turbo, pump, exhaust in it. I dont want a digital gauge they look terrible, what else can I use?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks