• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce rim offset problem

welldigger

Can you post a picture? I think I know what your trying to ask but I need a visual to be sure. I have also wanted to see a bobber with a m105 a3 bed.

KsM715

I think the OP's set up is the opposite of the pic above. His hubs are flipped and he is running the wheel in the same configuration as the front wheel.

On my bobbed truck I ran the stock dual set up and didn't have any problems with the inner tire and the fenderwell. ( but that was stock 9 x20 tires also)
you could cut and move the inner wall of the fenderwell pretty easily but at a loss of bed space.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the OP's set up is the opposite of the pic above. His hubs are flipped and he is running the wheel in the same configuration as the front wheel.

On my bobbed truck I ran the stock dual set up and didn't have any problems with the inner tire and the fenderwell. ( but that was stock 9 x20 tires also)
you could cut and move the inner wall of the fenderwell pretty easily but at a loss of bed space.

The pic is a reply to the OP's question in post #2 and to Welldiggers post wanting to see a Bobb'd deuce with a M105A3 bed. The pic serves both.

welldigger

Thanks 11echo. Would there happen to be one more from the rear?

I guess my next question would be for the trailer gurus out there. Is the m105a3 fender wells wider than the m105a2 inner fender wells? I know the beds are different dimensions from each other. I just don't know how different. If the fender wells are spread too far apart on the m105 a3 then you may want to consider tubbing the fender wells. It shouldn't be very hard since everything is flat sheet metal. Though, I'm just guessing at that right now.

welldigger

I can tell you that typically stock wheels are the completely wrong offset when using the bigger radials. An mrap wheel with the adapter plate on the back of the wheel would push the tire out considerably compared to a stock wheel.

I wonder what I can do for now can I flip rim with my hub already flipped safely? I am tapped out in the finance department and fixxn to graduate from sleeping on the couch to sleeping in my truck LOL.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I guess my next question would be for the trailer gurus out there. Is the m105a3 fender wells wider than the m105a2 inner fender wells? I know the beds are different dimensions from each other. I just don't know how different. If the fender wells are spread too far apart on the m105 a3 then you may want to consider tubbing the fender wells. It shouldn't be very hard since everything is flat sheet metal. Though, I'm just guessing at that right now.
How about one from the almost front!

Attachments

TsgtB

Finding better wheels with the backspace, to single out AND be "dish out" on non flipped rear hubs....
Giving clearance for fronts not to rub on hard turns.
IS the MRAP with adapters the best choice we have to date...?

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

M105a2 trailer bed internal dimensions are 108.0" long x 74.0" wide. The distance between wheel wells is approximately 58"

The M105a3 is bed is 108" long and 74" wide. The distance between wheel wells was increased to 65".

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think that if you flip you hubs back to original it will be worse. The reason folks flip their hubs in the first place is to make a single sit out farther from the frame to be more inline with the fronts.
Only way is to change beds, cut out wheel wells of present bed, different tires or for short term run your wheels dish out. Not sure if a M34 wheel would work with as much tire you show as being in the way.

Last edited: