• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injection pump question m35a2

Adrian A

The truck has been running well for the last year I have had it. I was actually three hours from home when it died. The piston was seized up in the hydraulic head and the button and retainer had come loose. I cleaned up the piston and bore so every thing moves nicely and there is no scoring or damage. The truck will start but will not run for more than ten seconds or so. I think I may need to get the tm for overhauling the entire pump and go through every thing to make sure it is assembled correctly. I'm going to bleed it some more, recheck the timing to make sure I got the drive gear tight enough and has not moved. Then go over the fuel injector line to make sure they are correct. Check the fuel routing, If that is all good, Ill have to take it all back apart and start from scratch.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
The truck has been running well for the last year I have had it. I was actually three hours from home when it died. The piston was seized up in the hydraulic head and the button and retainer had come loose. I cleaned up the piston and bore so every thing moves nicely and there is no scoring or damage. The truck will start but will not run for more than ten seconds or so. I think I may need to get the tm for overhauling the entire pump and go through every thing to make sure it is assembled correctly. I'm going to bleed it some more, recheck the timing to make sure I got the drive gear tight enough and has not moved. Then go over the fuel injector line to make sure they are correct. Check the fuel routing, If that is all good, Ill have to take it all back apart and start from scratch.
there probably would be no obvious 'scoring' but if you could see any kind of eliptical pattern on the plunger instead of no pattern, just bright reflection, it is bad. worn out. the simplest test for this is to take the HH apart, have it clean but not dry, hold the plunger in your fist for 10 seconds and if it will go right back in the bore, it is bad. it should not go in until it cools down from being held.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be no need to bleed the injectors on a Deuce Just supply fuel to the Head. Just have to ask when you removed the head not worring about the timming marks on crank or IP did you just line up the HH scribe mark and the pointer then after removal of said head did anyone turn over the motor. This would be the only bad case thing to happen when removing the HH. To check correct timming from here remove front valve cover watch intake drop then close watch for crank pointer to be comming up shortley. Then IP 4 bolt cover timming mark is on the money. HH is one tooth to the rear.

Last edited:

Adrian A

It will not start without ether. I tried it dry today and it wont even try to fire up. I disassembled the entire injection pump trying to diagnosr the problem. I must have assembled it incorrectly somewhere or the hydraulic head is bad. I do get fuel to the injectors, but it seems there may not be much pressure.

Adrian A

The tm states not to remove the delivery valve screw on the side if the hydraulic head. I did that. Does something need to be reset now? Maybe this is my issue?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the delivery valve is a very high pressure check valve. i have had them out before and no problem. i have absolutely no doubt that your HH is completely worn out. do the test i outlined above.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
are you sure the shutoff shaft and pin on end is engaged properly? if the pin is missing there will be no fuel to the injectors. so if you crack a line loose at the injector you will get no fuel. if you get fuel there, there just is not enough pressure to inject. it takes a lot!

Adrian A

I do need to make sure the little pin is engaging in the slotted block fo the shut off. I was pretty sure of it. Now i have to recheck every thing.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
When i crack the injector lines There is only drips coming out. I feel like there should be more fuel leaking out.
at cranking speed there is not much coming out, but since fuel cannot be compressed it would go into the engine if the pressure was high enough. try it with the throttle wide open.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks