• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump stud nuts...How in the world...

Asmoday

do I get the nut back on for the driver's side stud on the injector pump?

I was only able to get it off by breaking it loose with a open end wrench and then after using a ample amount of PB Blaster...using the tip of a screwdriver to spin it off by pushing on the edge of the nut.

Once it came off I had to use a magnetic pic up tool to grab it from the engine valley.

Soooo...tips and/or tricks to get it back on? I can't fit my fingers down in there to get the nut back on. Special tool maybe?

Thanks...!

plym49

Maybe masking tape sticky side out on the end of a screwdriver. Use it to get the nut positioned over the stud and then use something to spin it back on - maybe the flat of a screwdriver to hold the nut down and another to spin it using the flats.

Asmoday

Really...? Ok...I'll try that. It did not look to me like there was a straight shot to the nut from back there but I will give it a shot.

Thanks...

ryan77

Its hard enough with the intake off, 2 times harder with it on, use one of those magnets on the old style antenna thingy u can get at autozone!

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have done it with the intake on but it has been a long time ago. I do remember using several extensions and a couple were wobble extensions. I don't remember it being all that bad other than laying on top of the engine. Wobble extension are GREAT! I use them all the time even when I don't need the wobble effect. Makes it quicker getting on the nut or bolt.

Rick

P.S. There is a special wrench to get the bottom couple of injector lines.

Asmoday

Special Tool for Drivers Side IP nut...

I used a special tool to get the nut back on with the intake still in place as shown below...LOL. A very high powered magnet taped to a long flat blade screwdriver. I lubed up the nut with anti-seize and used another thin blade screwdriver to thread it on...:) It was actually a piece of cake.

Attachments