• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Pump stud nuts...How in the world...

Asmoday

do I get the nut back on for the driver's side stud on the injector pump?

I was only able to get it off by breaking it loose with a open end wrench and then after using a ample amount of PB Blaster...using the tip of a screwdriver to spin it off by pushing on the edge of the nut.

Once it came off I had to use a magnetic pic up tool to grab it from the engine valley.

Soooo...tips and/or tricks to get it back on? I can't fit my fingers down in there to get the nut back on. Special tool maybe?

Thanks...!

plym49

Maybe masking tape sticky side out on the end of a screwdriver. Use it to get the nut positioned over the stud and then use something to spin it back on - maybe the flat of a screwdriver to hold the nut down and another to spin it using the flats.

Asmoday

Really...? Ok...I'll try that. It did not look to me like there was a straight shot to the nut from back there but I will give it a shot.

Thanks...

ryan77

Its hard enough with the intake off, 2 times harder with it on, use one of those magnets on the old style antenna thingy u can get at autozone!

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have done it with the intake on but it has been a long time ago. I do remember using several extensions and a couple were wobble extensions. I don't remember it being all that bad other than laying on top of the engine. Wobble extension are GREAT! I use them all the time even when I don't need the wobble effect. Makes it quicker getting on the nut or bolt.

Rick

P.S. There is a special wrench to get the bottom couple of injector lines.

Asmoday

Special Tool for Drivers Side IP nut...

I used a special tool to get the nut back on with the intake still in place as shown below...LOL. A very high powered magnet taped to a long flat blade screwdriver. I lubed up the nut with anti-seize and used another thin blade screwdriver to thread it on...:) It was actually a piece of cake.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks