• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector types?

Stonepicker1

I've been running these engines for many years, and I've never had a injector suffer a sudden failure. I'd had them get to where there is a lot of white smoke at start up, a trail of white smoke at idle, and I had one stick and started "knocking" on a truck that sat a long time (I bled it and it stopped) but I see no reason to carry around a set of spare injectors. They usually give a lot a warning. If anything, I may carry one spare if I was a nervous type, but there's no way all of the injectors are going to fail all at once on a 6.2/6.5. The chance of a sudden failure is WAY higher with the IP than the injectors.
I agree with you. I'm on the road a lot and I don't carry a spare injector with me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks