• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Libby Welding corp 300 amp welder

AMGeneral

Well,I figured I would start a thread posting up the progress on the 2 Libby welding corp 300 amp welders I won from GSA around 1/24/13.

Both units were listed as unknown completion or running status,and I did not preview them,and I ended up winning both for a very reasonable sum.

They are 300 amp 32v DC @60% duty cycle,both powered by 04A084 military standard engines with electric start,1 dated 1971 and the other 1975,one with 48 hrs and the other with 170.

Welder #1 did spin over by hand,the other did not, after some minor work I have both welders running and welder #1 welds and runs as it should.

Attachments

AMGeneral

Good deal. Don't those function as gennys also?
Yeah,they have a 120V circuit as well,2 standard house plugs per each.

I had a Hobart 500 amp diesel welder mounted on a M353 trailer before,"welding shop,trailer mounted".

But I sold it several years back.

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Basically they needed a good cleaning,tune up,and fresh gas along with cleaning the fuel tanks.

The second welder just had some light rust on the rings from sitting.

AMGeneral

Just a little update, after I traded off 1 welder to Ferro, I am left with 1,and with some mild tinkering this weekend I have it back running. It runs and generates as well as welds now!

I hopefully will get to take it along on the trip to Florida to pick up the M920 in a couple weeks.

Just a FYI, the 04A084 engine uses the same "double hump" mechanical fuel pump as the 2 cylinder M274 mule, an Airtex 73105.