• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 Spray Foam in roof??

richingalveston

I spent a lot of money with LMC to insulate my rig with the behind the dash insulation, used the asphault base product and the carpet pad type product with the milar heat sheild on the floor on and then put the rubber floor on top of that. My 1009 is almost as quiet as the 2004 duramax I drive for work. I dont have to worry about the cold in texas but it does make a huge difference in sound. I hope to get the rear AC installed before it gets hot this year and the insulation will help the AC keep it cold.

I would not use the spray foam. you will just get a big mess and possibly some holes in the outer roof trying to drill through the inner roof. In the center there is less than 1/4 inch between the two pieces of metal. There is more space around the edges but none of it is thick enought to get enough spray foam to make a difference. Money will be better spent putting a civy headliner and trim in the ceiling. just doing the floor and firewall is all you really need for sound. The under hood insulation also makes a difference in the sound inside the cab.

wired1000

anybody link to the under hood insulation thing they used? I cut pieces of Quickroof to stick in the recessed areas, but half of them just fell off (never to be seen again) and it didn't seem to have made much of a difference anyway.

MarcusOReallyus

I would not use the spray foam. you will just get a big mess and possibly some holes in the outer roof trying to drill through the inner roof. In the center there is less than 1/4 inch between the two pieces of metal.

I agree with this, having seen it happen. It's just too easy to overshoot. If you must do this, use a depth stop!

Also, I'd be worried about that expanding foam distorting the roof, either the inside or the outside.