• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803 A tripping CB3

jaybird67k

So after all the work I have done to this generator and I have it all buttoned up and ready for use the CB3 keeps tripping. It never did this before through the entire process. It's not a big deal because I reset it and it works fine I just want to know why.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jason

Jeepadict

First step of troubleshooting: duplicate the discrepancy. Since you have that done, don't reset that CB more than once for things like to melt and catch fire if you do. There's some fault logic troubleshooting guides in the TM that may prove useful.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

jaybird67k

The GFCI in one of my sets is flakey. It doesn't trip, but much of the time after starting I need to "flick" the reset button to get power to the outlet.
Does yours trip and pop out?
I don't know. I run it and shut it down then next time i go to start its tripped and I reset and starts normally.

jaybird67k

So checking out CB1 I have a open connection across V5 varistor.
Any suggestions? Can I put a resistor there if not does someone know the value of V5 so I can order one?

Thanks

jaybird67k

Well, you could look in the Schematic or look the part number up. But Kurt has posted it several times in the forum.

Part #: V68MA3B
Thanks my friend. The Veristor looks good and is red in color so I guess it just gave up the ghost.
My luck I'll replace it and CB1 will keep popping 😂

jaybird67k

Yes I have downloaded them. I think I have some duplicates so I attached a picture.
I just never know which one to look at.

Also I just read that a Varistor will check open with no current running through it so I guess I'm back at square one with CB1 popping when I hit start. I have checked all the wires from it for continuity and they checked good accept across the Varistor at the bottom that checked open.

Thanks so much for the help.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
It tripps when I hit start position.
It started 3 times this morning no problem and didnt trip but I have had it trip on shutdown.
You think it's weak?

This is the first time you have written this. We need ALL the facts.

jaybird67k

Thanks for the warning on tying the wires together. When I first got the unit and did the necessary wiring because of a mouse house it was tripped when I went to start it. Reset CB1 and started it probably 20-30 times with no problem. Now it just seems flakey. I started it this morning with no problems then later when I tried fuel pumps come on relay engages but as soon as I hit start the last position it trips CB1.
Yes I can have someone video me starting it.