• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 803 A tripping CB3

2Pbfeet

This is the error I get
Post a video to any of the supported sites (look at the three dots and down arrow on the compose/reply header bar, and then click on "media" that then lists which sites are supported. Put a video there and link using the media button).

Have you considered measuring the current through CB1 with a high quality DVM that can record maximum amperage?

All the best,

2Pbfeet

jaybird67k

Post a video to any of the supported sites (look at the three dots and down arrow on the compose/reply header bar, and then click on "media" that then lists which sites are supported. Put a video there and link using the media button).

Have you considered measuring the current through CB1 with a high quality DVM that can record maximum amperage?

All the best,

2Pbfeet
There is no amperage. It's either open or closed. I don't know what you mean by "supported sites" It doesn't support mp4.

2Pbfeet

There is no amperage. It's either open or closed. I don't know what you mean by "supported sites" It doesn't support mp4.
Yes, the CB is either open or closed, but in going from closed to open, how much current is it drawing? I.e. does it work, or is it leaking out at a low current?

To post video, reread the instructions above; I am sorry that it wasn't clear.
IMG_1383.jpeg

All the best,

2Pbfeet

jaybird67k

All the best,

2Pbfeet
Yes, the CB is either open or closed, but in going from closed to open, how much current is it drawing? I.e. does it work, or is it leaking out at a low current?

To post video, reread the instructions above; I am sorry that it wasn't clear.
View attachment 932487

All the best,

2Pbfeet

All the best,

2Pbfeet

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didnt see a attach media button so I posted a link to my YouTube. I dont know if that will work.
Your videos worked.
Interesting, CB1 pops when you move S1 from Prime/Run to Start.

As previously posted you ought to measure the DC current going through CB1 to know for sure if the CB is bad or if something is drawing too much current.
That would be the right way to start to track down the issue.

A quick test that might shed some light is.... unplug the 2 pin plug supplying power to the primary fuel pump. This will reduce the current load through CB1.
Then see if CB1 stops popping when you move S1 from Prime/Run to Start. Just see if the starter engages or if the CB1 pops.

jaybird67k

Your videos worked.
Interesting, CB1 pops when you move S1 from Prime/Run to Start.

As previously posted you ought to measure the DC current going through CB1 to know for sure if the CB is bad or if something is drawing too much current.
That would be the right way to start to track down the issue.

A quick test that might shed some light is.... unplug the 2 pin plug supplying power to the primary fuel pump. This will reduce the current load through CB1.
Then see if CB1 stops popping when you move S1 from Prime/Run to Start. Just see if the starter engages or if the CB1 pops.
Thanks I'll try that and let ya know.

Thanks, Jason

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched all 3 videos. After the "fuel pump" one it looks like it NOT due to a primary fuel pump issue or the breaker being slightly overloaded.

The voltage on your meter going from 0 to 24 volts is just indicating that the CB tripped.

I see your meter can measure current. I'd suggest you use the meter to measure the current through the circuit breaker.
How... Disconnect the two wires from either terminal of CB1.
Put your meter in DC AMPS mode.
Move the positive lead pug to the 10 AMP input of the meter.
Connect 1 lead of the meter to the two wires removed from CB1.
Connect the other lead of the meter to the open terminal of CB1.

Put S1 in Prime/Run and measure the current. Doesn't matter is it's reading positive or negative current. It'll likely be about 1 amp.
Then put S1 in START and see if the current on the meter goes above 7.5 amps.
You may have to reset the breaker and try a few times to get a reading.

**Caution - Your meter has a 10 amp fuse in it on the current measuring input. Should the current momentarily spike above 10 amps before CB1 trips it could blow the 10 amp fuse in the meter. The fuse is only used for current measurements so if it blow the other meter functions will operate.

jaybird67k

It used to start fine no problem then it just all the sudden started. It didnt trip when I did this test but I guess that's expected.
It wouldnt test again and I dont know why. Fuel pump wouldnt run for a second test. Had to reconnect the wires for the fuel pump to run but it popped again when I hit start position.
I did trace out all the wires from cb1 the other day and had continuity.
I'm at a loss.