• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A genset no crank

jaybird67k

I got all the chewed wires fixed and my test lights work and it turns over but the fuel pumps aren't working. I have no fuel in the system because the tank needs cleaning. Will the fuel pumps run dry without fuel or is the float telling them not to run?
About to go check voltage at pumps.

Thanks, Jason

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The primary fuel pump E2 should run as long as S1 in in Prime/Run, Prime/Run/Aux or START as long as there are no engine or fuel Faults on the Fault Monitor.
K12 is the engine fault relay. Normally the contacts in the highlighted path is closed unless there is an engine fault.
S1-3 is the "Run" signal 24 volts DC.
1724001784758.png

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With S1 in Prime/Run the primary fuel pump E2 should get +24 volt power from the Fault Relay K12-1.
Here is the wiring patch to check along for +24 volts to the Primary Fuel pump. J13/P13 is the 2 pin fuel pump connector
Wire #'s.......119F.........................................119E................................119C.......................119D
K12-1---------------TB-5-1---TB5-2--------------J7-6--P7-6---------------TB4-12---------------J13-1--P13-1--------------E2 Fuel Pump Positive

edit. Fixed so wire number are above each wire.

Last edited:

jaybird67k

With S1 in Prime/Run the primary fuel pump E2 should get +24 volt power from the Fault Relay K12-1.
Here is the wiring patch to check along for +24 volts to the Primary Fuel pump. J13/P13 is the 2 pin fuel pump connector
Wire #'s 119F 119E 119C 119D
K12-1---------------TB-5-1---TB5-2--------------J7-6--P7-6---------------TB4-12---------------J13-1--P13-1--------------E2 Fuel Pump Positive
I unhooked the 2 pin on both pumps and checked with S1 in prime for main them prime for aux. That's where I got 1/2 volt. I will trace out the wiring and let y'all know what I find.

Thanks, Jason

jaybird67k

Ignore the Aux Fuel Pump power for now.
Focus on getting power to the primary pump. It's needed to run the engine.
The Aux fuel pump only refills the tank with fuel. It does NOT provide fuel to the engine.
Ok will do. Back to the other question I had. Will the pumps run without fuel in the tank and the lines?
Thanks, Jason

jaybird67k

Wire #'s.......119F.........................................119E................................119C.......................119D

Ok so I tried troubleshooting this today and now im having a S1 crank issue with no panel lights. This was all working the other day after I fixed the wiring. Checked the FU 1 30 amp its good. It cranks over from the engine compartment but not S1.
Nothing has changed. Tried resetting the 7.5 fuse pull.
No power at the panel switch or light and none of the terminal blocks.
I'm checking with multimeter with - on ground and + on all connections.
No voltage at any TB's

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So it dead cranks OK but no power to the panel.
Any chance the red Emergency Off button is pushed in?
Put the Dead Crank switch in NORMAL and check for 24 volts at:
- both used terminals on the Emergency off switch
- both terminals on CB1
- terminals 2,4,6 & 8 on S1
- terminal 2 on S2

jaybird67k

- both terminals on CB1
- terminal 2 on S2
Emergency out is out.

jaybird67k

- both terminals on CB1
- terminal 2 on S2
I checked continuity on the red button and it checked out good. Will do the other checks you mentioned when I get home.
Thanks

jaybird67k

jaybird67k

Ok crank issue at S1 solved. I had the engine compartment crank switch off.....lol.
So back to the E2 fuel pump. I have 25 volts at TB-5 at terminal 1&2.
25 volts at TB-4 terminal 12.
Have 24 volts at E2 pump plug when putting my multimeter negative on battery negative and positive on one of E2 plug terminals

So you think the pump is locked up or bad?
I'm gonna jumper wire 24 volts straight to the pump next.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks