• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Will no longer start seems to be fuel issue not sure how.

deherenman

Thank you Colt I will check that out. I believe I came across that last night as well so I have it bookmarked..

So has a side note I am curious the white wires that are wiring everything up thermostat oil shut off switch etc I think I have three or four broken wires at this point. And I need to splice on some extenders because I splice them a couple of times before and they're getting a little short.

1. Is there a specific wire to use copper, aluminum, stranded gauge?
Or alternatively you something like cat6.
2. For the splice itself am I okay to use the traditional wire nuts or a wago?

3. Is splicing even advisable or am I better off running a new stretch of wire from beginning to end for each of the broken wires?

At this point I'm still reassembling everything.

2Pbfeet

Check out his thread...
Filler coupler
Not to be a wet blanket, but Fernco's list of compatible fluids lists both kerosene and gasoline as "Not Recommended".

Silicone is not generally compatible with diesel either.

Buna-N or nitrile hose should be generally compatible with diesel.

@deherenman the wire in the generators is TFFT, aka Tape /Fiberglass/Fiberglass /Tape, where the tape is usually Teflon. It is a wire rated for very high temperature use under adverse conditions, like diesel/JP8. Smaller gauges are readily available (Amazon, etc.) Large gauge is a bit harder to find, often sold as toaster or dryer wire, and most of the big wire and cable suppliers often sell it. (eBay, as well)

All the best,

2Pbfeet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks