• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NP205 T-Case found!

MAZ537

Hello to all,

I found an NP205 t-case that I will like to swap to my M1008 to have the ability to run a PTO rear winch.
Can you please take a look and shed any light if this fit or no as these are scarce to sourced here...
And also how much should I pay for it ?

Thank you,
G

Attachments

cucvrus

It appears to be good to go. That is a great score fore you. It looks like a 400 TH transmission. It will work from what I see. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Skinny

Nice!

Be careful with the 4wd switch, they are near impossible to find. I would remove it while you are handling the case just to prevent breaking it.

MAZ537

Nice to hear these guys , thanks !
Now I need an estimate how much to pay for it ?

Thank you,
G

Skinny

Have you personally ordered this and it fit an NP205? Everyone I've compared aftermarket fits an NP208 regardless of application.

cucvrus

I have removed an NP 205 transfer cases from several state and municipal trucks and the switches broke while removing and replaced the switches with this SW4140 switch in the past. I know the 1986 K30 4 X 4 cab chassis that I removed the transmission and transfer case from was a direct bolt in to the 1984 M1028 pick-up that my Son has. it was plug and go with everything. So am I going to swear that this is the absolute fix for the transfer case shown? NO. But I have personally used the part SW4140 I have shown in the past. YES.

MAZ537

Tomorrow I will bring the NP205 home.
During removal I notice that the 205 inner shaft is shorter compared with an CUCV 208 T/Case (transmission output shaft sticks-out from transmission case a lot like 4*)...
Anyone might know how much the output shaft sticks out from our TH400 ?
Photos will be posted tomorrow for your opinions.

Thank you,
G.

86m1028

During removal I notice that the 205 inner shaft is shorter compared with an CUCV 208 T/Case (transmission output shaft sticks-out from transmission case a lot like 4*)...

Thank you,
G.

I dont remember the shaft lengths off hand but the adapters are different thicknesses.
Also to confuse things, there are different output lengths depending on year, type of adapter & t-case option

Last edited:

cucvrus

Thank you,
G.
I hope you bought the adapter and all. I would have bought the entire assembly. It looks like they torched the crossmember out.

MAZ537

I got the complete assembly guys! :D
And yes the cross member is torched...Will the 208 crossmember fits ?

Thank you,
G.

richingalveston

I think you are missing the intermediate shaft. I believe there is a short section of shaft that fits in the spacer. the bolt on the side rides in a groove on that shaft keeping it in place.

The 205 I rebuilt for my truck had a short shaft In that spacer. I do not know what my 205 came off of but it was a figure 8 small bearing 27 spline shaft.

Maybe it is not needed with the TH400 and mine came off of something else.