• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seems like this is turning into a build thread.

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a tub of spare Rotella stashed away that'll do it. In the meantime, share a touch of Jimmi with me. Helps me worry less about whatever I've probably screwed up.

CARC686

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't worked on the truck much lately. Just driving. Developed a front end clunk when I shift into reverse that rapidly got worse and now it's clunking when I barely touch the brakes, so shifting load in either direction is causing it. It's also developing a slight front end creak/groan under dynamic load ie simultaneous stopping/turning/damping transitions. Pretty sure I'm getting a very mild steering wobble when the front left suspension is under sustained cornering load. This all developed pretty quickly over a few days. Thought maybe a bolt fell out of the caliper, but it's properly assembled. Lug nuts are tight. Bearing spins freely. Play is within spec. Tie rods are fine. Springs, hangers, mounts, and shocks are good. I was not able to shift the ball joints by yanking on the top and bottom of the tire by hand, but I'm leaning toward that being the culprit unless anybody has a better, more informed idea.