• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Source for frame bolts?

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a source for the 16Mx1.5 frame bolts and lock nuts? I can find the 2mm course thread bolts, but having a difficult time finding the fine thread bolts and nuts from a US supplier.

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Converting a M1088A1 into a M1083A1P2. The bolts to attach the winch, hydraulic tank, subframe, etc are all 16mm x 1.5mm flange/frame bolts. Most are 45mm long, but there are a few that are 35mm.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Some trucks are huck bolted together some are just nuts and bolts. No reason for the difference that I know of. I have used bolts but I don't advise using them unless absolutely necessary.
Will

MGKMartin

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All three of mine use the 16mm x 1.5 mm flange bolts. They use the flange nuts for anything intended to be removable like the winch and a longer lock nut (looks like a huck nut, but designed to be put on with a standard impact wrench) for parts that aren't intended to be removed.