• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip to Shirleys Surplus...

Capt.Marion

Next Saturday (June 7th) is a no-go. I've got chemo that Thursday and will be out of action till the next tuesday, but the saturday after that, June 14th, sounds good.

On that ignition lock---most of the deuces I drove in the Guard had them, we just never used them. Had enough trouble hanging on to the keys for the chain locks, LOL. Never could get the Supply guy to understand the deuce takes 4 locks with the same key, or however many it calls for in the -10HR. On one hand we had a drawer full of keys, on the other, a drawer full of cut locks!

Bill W

Alright
mission accomplished
I got the photos for Kenny
The only mishap we had was a couple of ticks on my son AND me explaining to him That I was only "Pretending" to act like a sreaming idiot when that damn mouse jumped on my arm when I was fishing around under the pass seat looking for loose data plates!! :lol:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was a M44 right? Couldn't remember. Shirley still a few beers short of a six pack??? :lol:

Daneil

How many of you guys ar UGA fans. I'm from Warner Robins. If I can get my deuce from GL before the game opener. I"m thinking of driving down from Virginia Beach. Would any of ya'll be intrested in a meet up at the game with the trucks.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I live right next to Athens, I'd be happy to meet up and see your Deuce, but not much of a football fan.... rofl

Bill W

"Shirley still a few beers short of a six pack???"

I did not recognize Jim Shirley, he had a annurism about 6 months ago and seems to be a different man now., he even cleaned up the office!!
Yes its is a M44

alphadeltaromeo

*gasp* a different man...so he doesn't swear??? betcha he still drinks warm/hot beer...are there still trophy's in his office? What do you mean by different anyway?

Bill W

"What do you mean by different anyway?"

He thanked me for coming by and hope to see me again soon!!! :shock:

When I walked in his office (Yes the trophy mounts are still there and the bottles of warm Miller) he was all clean shaven and wearing tank top.short pants and flip flops where as the last time I was there he was scruffy, wearing fatiques and carving up a side of beef in front of the office.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, that is the Shirley I know. :shock: Still have the squirrel in the cage out front?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pics from OCT 30, 2006 at Shirley's. Several of the diesel 28VDC gensets asked about in a much-previous post. Note that he said they worked, but since the fuel inlets seemed to have been visited by mud daubers, they could not be immediately checked. I would have liked to have taken the time.