• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1500 mile recovery

seano11

1500 mile recovery update with tracking info

Well I'll be leaving next tueday to pick up my 5ton. I've searched all day trying to find what I need to bring but no luck . Was wondering if everyone could help me make a list of what tools and fluids I need to bring? thanks in advance

Last edited:

wsucougarx

I would get:
Belts
Filters (Fuel esp)
Spare 24v bulbs
Rag (if it rains you'll have rain coming in the cab from those invisible holes;-) )
Windshield wiper blades
Fluids (15/40 oil, Gear oil, DOT-5 brake fluid-verify it, antifreeze/distilled water)
Tire Changing Tools (bottle jack, geared lug wrench, jack stand, tire chocks, gladhand airhose)
Blanket (those heaters aren't the best if it has one)
Trip Permits
All the tools you can carry including a nice breaker bar and a big hammer.
Go to the 5 ton forum and do a search for "recovery" and read up on fellow SS's adventures.

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lists Lists Lists

Wish I could help more Sean but my 2 1/2 ton nuts will only be half the size of your 5 ton nuts.:-D

It takes some out of the box thinking sometimes to dig data out the the SS base but I believe it's all right here.
Target search functions for your list came through 'google' using the terms.....

"steel soldiers MV recovery list"
"MV recovery list"
"MV list"

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/37598-5-ton-recovery-list-help.html

However back in 09' this thread fired up....

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/...litmate-deuce-recovery-list-instructions.html

and is very thorough.

I would have put it up sooner but got distracted while searching for your info by this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZtCwhWJpsc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Last edited:

Hooty481

That is gonna be one slow ride for a long time. I am afraid I will not be near your route. Iathink Derrick is up there close to your route. Take an extra pillow or couchen for you but and kidneys sake.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that's a truck. We've got a great Regina connection and I've got time to tour until break up if you need something on the way back. I need to visit Regina someday anyways.

Dial us when you're coming through and we'll grab some running video on the highway.

Nice work

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I love my 818 but after 4 hours in the springer seat it is all I can do to get back in. With the amount of mileage you are going to put in getting another seat would be a wise investment. gimpyrobb modified a springer base and added a passenger seat from tour bus. If you notice in his picture he also has the magnetic stick on caution lights on the base. I got the led orange one from TSC and don't leave home without it.

Attachments

seano11

I love my 818 but after 4 hours in the springer seat it is all I can do to get back in. With the amount of mileage you are going to put in getting another seat would be a wise investment. gimpyrobb modified a springer base and added a passenger seat from tour bus. If you notice in his picture he also has the magnetic stick on caution lights on the base. I got the led orange one from TSC and don't leave home without it.
I would love to have another seat put in the truck. but inless I can find a set up that will bolt right in I wouldn't be able to do it till I got home

seano11

Well we finally started the trip we are in Great falls montana at the moment and our heading out and hoping to make it to rapid city tonight. Will be picking the truck up on sunday. I will post a link up on sunday for my Spot Gps tracker so everyone can track our progress.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you get that truck from Andy? Nice lookin rig! I am in Blaine, MN just north of Minneapolis if you happen to need anything I may be able to offer some assistance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks