• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1500 mile recovery

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
250 miles to go

The 5 ton is headed North. Had a great day with seemingly amazing timing from Cummins on the repair for ....what did Sean call it..... oh ya the ..*^%^%*&*&^^%&*##$$$.....

Thanks for sharing that beast with us, thought you'd like a few photos.

We'll celebrate when you're home but that was a tear down, fix'em up, out the door kinda visit. You'll make a fine SS rep once you're old enough to vote.:)

A few more things to add to the MV Recovery list.
1) It's very important to have the correct size of support staff when Recovering a 5 ton MV.

Picture one is my million dollar photo of the correct size, "MV Support team". Look at it ONCE ONLY.

""Ya know that piece on the bottom of the IP that's hard to get at"", with the correct size of support team, MV maintenance is easy.

2) A tidy tank with 'manual pump'. Very handy, $400.00 for fuel and away you go.

After watching everyone wrench on Bloody Knuckles for a day at my shop and spending hours washing it, Sean drove it in a lake. Good thing it's winter and they're frozen.
The worst part of this recovery was TM Withdrawals when the SS site went down....isn't that right Sean011?

Attachments

Sumner

Glad to see ya guys got the beast back on the road! Was nice meeting all of you when I stopped in to check the truck out. Pretty good of you to set him up with the shop there too plowboy! Sorry I couldn't hang out longer, but I think we're gonna have to get together again sometime. Hopefully the rest of the trip is uneventful for you Sean!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1500 mile recovery

Congratulations :beer:

Not even going to ask how your butt is.....How's the truck?

Our convoy Scout took some great video.....i'll get them up in a few days.

I think everyone deserves a "post trip" be-briefing and up-dated "what to bring" list.....when you wake up.

Let's face it, you were going to be successful getting that truck home and all adversity would be overcome....nice goin'.

A big Canadian Hug to all those that backed you up on a true lifetime adventure.

seano11

well did my first tow job with it little college girl got stuck in a ditch with her neon so the 813 came to the rescue was kinda funny couldn't even see the car in front of the truck well hooking up the strap

seano11

here's some pic's of the trip I guess I'll keep using this thread for the full restore of the truck

Attachments

seano11

well Air popet valve rebuild was a complete mess So a new one is on its way from boyce equipment. I figured since I had it apart I might as well put a sprag shut off in so off to napa to get some plastic air line and valves not to sure where I'm gonna rout the valve was kinda thinking behind the battery box. anyways will post some pics in the am showing where I put the valve

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Try to get a deuce air shift air shift switch, then mount under the dash, or in the dash

seano11

Never even thought of that Great idea . Just throwing this idea out there but whats everyones views on the grim reaper ace of spades on the door? was thinking of getting some big stickers made up

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Door decals

What happened to the kitten, puppy or ice skater we were planning to put on there. What about the hot girl in the photo or a polar bear or an igloo....you're up north right?:-D

Take your time making the decision, don't know about you but it's always nice to link a bit of history with the truck because you'll be asked.....where the truck served and what does the symbol represent.

There's 40 years of history under your butt, maybe we can dig up more info on where she's been and who had er'.

..........or put a grim reaper on it.......holding a puppy...

How bout a picture of a buried Duramax, imagine you'll be pulling out a few!

Attachments

seano11

Shauna likes the puppy idea lol But I'll have to get all the info I can and find out where she's been would love to know the history. When did you get the chev stuck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks