• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV2/CUCV-II Owners, post pics and info of your truck

NervousAgent

Picked this one up at FT Dix. Shopping LSSV’s and found this. A former MD ARNG TMP vehicle and a NG SF Team truck. It’s had a soft life. I got lucky. Very little rust. 85k miles. A near perfect interior.

I’ll probably recondition, lift 6”, and make it an EOD truck. I found lots of paperwork too. It started life with SEALS in WA, until the Green Berets in MD stole it. Sorry. Acquired it.

If anyone is parting out a truck? I’m missing the front tow/lift shackles.

Also, if anyone has access to the manuals? I would appreciate a copy. Thanks.IMG_4068.jpeg

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no TM for the CUCV II/III, they only had supplemental manuals. The LSSV program has more manuals, but I have attached the supplemental manual for the CUCV II series.

I appreciate that. I wish there was more support for these units. I've got a crank no start situation and no shop will touch it.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appreciate that. I wish there was more support for these units. I've got a crank no start situation and no shop will touch it.
Why not? The vehicle is literally no different than a regular k2500. It is not a 24v start system. It's just a regular k2500 truck with a green paint job and blackout light system. The 24v is for jumping other vehicles and radio equipment.

NervousAgent

Hrbergeron, thanks for the manual. Full color too! Super cool. I’m gonna print a fake one for the glovebox! Thank you!

FuzzyToaster:
Mine was also crank no start.

I followed the Accurate Diesel 6.5 guide for no start. Worked in record time. Mine runs like a champ.

I also read everything here about CUCV2. Like the inverter behind the seat has a fuse, and it can interfere with charging.

Really though. There isn’t a whole lot different in these trucks. Should be super easy to work on.

lastly. Mine responded well to heating up the block heater for 4 hours, bleeding fuel at filter and two new strong batteries.

Fired right up, after I followed the checklist, heated the block, and primed the fuel filter. I obviously needed new glow plugs or a controller. I had a few corroded grounds too. Typical 6.5 issues. Like do you have a fresh secondary PMD? Get one, if not.

A lot of great data here.
And over at Accurate Diesel.

Good luck! You’ll get it eventually. A 6.5 is pretty easy after the basics are all lined up.

Oh. Everyone check your old harmonic balancer rubber. Mine is aged and I am replacing ASAP, before I lose a crank.