• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your JEEP today

Gunny 0369

Marine Gunnery Sergeant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LoL. Not sure I’m going to sink it in mud after the restoration that I have planned. But I already like this one more than a Wrangler that I had some years ago. @Another Ahab … Too many but my wife is understanding and forgiving.
View attachment 929364View attachment 929364
The ideal all-purpose farm vehicle!

Do you maybe work that M38 regularly out there?
I use mine like a side by side, and to town often.
Dont keep them in the garage and rub them with a diaper, you cannot take it with you when you die!
(And it looks more authentic with mud caked all over it)

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ideal all-purpose farm vehicle!

Do you maybe work that M38 regularly out there?
Flat fender Jeeps are the original side by side!

I don’t really work it hard, but do I use it like a side by side sometimes. Hauling tools to where I’m working, I’ve used the winch to tension trees I’m cutting down, towed other vehicles or trailers. Really only light duty stuff. I’m sitting in it right now after looking around the field for a large rock I want dig up. I have a Kubota tractor to use for the hard work.

JEB

Not much new to report since I was rained out of taking it to the Air National Guard's centennial event a couple of weeks back.
It was the first rain in weeks....figures.

Today, as usual, took it to Sunday breakfast at the local fast food joint.

I have taken all of my old cars there, most are much fancier, more expensive and rarer than the M38A1...but none have received more positive comments.
Some are from vets, one was a woman who said said her late husband was an Air Force retiree, others are just Jeep fans.

I even was left a second rubber duck a few weeks back.

So, get out and drive them before winter.

DeetFreek

Sounds like my interactions as well JEB. I've been in the classic car thing for longer than I can remember and in the few short years I've had my A1, I've had so many more interactions than all of my other rides combined. Wouldn't trade them for anything either. From talks with vets to letting kids sit in and climb around it, there's a smile on my face that's irreplaceable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks